Been going through some changes, all good, thanks to God.
My family is doing great. All of my kids are college students now and of course I was suffering the empty nest syndrome.
Recently I adopted three beautiful puppies: Luna, Principe and Pinky. They are just seven weeks old and a handful.
Obviously my oldest dog is jealous and requires more attention, so as you can imagine my free times has been cut short.
Still had time to work some of my projects, specially my Christmas cards, which were a big hit. Here are some pictures:
Yesterday I finished this card and would love to share it with you! (tutorial)
Love, Love, Love
Card is 4” x 6”Materials used:
- Card stock: white, brown, red and pink (Colorbok.com)
- Paper: hearts and pink (Me&mybigideas.com), tickets (TeresaCollinsdesigns.com)
- Bone folder
- Distressing tool
- Corner rounder
- Paper trimmer
- Die cut machine: Cricut
- Plantin SchoolBook, Cricut cartridge
- Martha Stewart Ink
- Jewels and embellishments of choice
- Using the paper trimmer, cut 12” x 4” piece of white cardstock.
- Fold in half using bone folder to crease fold.
- Cut a piece of heart paper, 4” x 4½, and add to top of card.
- Cut a piece of red cardstock, 4” x 2½”.
- Round the bottom corners.
- Cut a rectangle, 1 ¾” x 4 ¼ ” from brown cardstock.
- Cut a rectangle, 1 ½” x 4” from white cardstock.
- Layer the white rectangle and the brown rectangle to the center of the card base
- Use the die cut machine to cut: mini envelope (1) – 2.422” (w) x 1.734” (h) from pink paper and hearts (4) – 1” x 1” from red and pink cardstock
- Put together the envelope and attach to the bottom of the cardstock rectangles.
- Distress the sides of the hearts and ink them.
- Adhere to the card using foam adhesive.
- Embellish the hearts with jewelry.
- Add the sentiments to the card.
- See the card for placement.