Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Altered Altoid Tin

Gecko Galz has this wonderful Monthly Challenge February Steampunk Love.

I am in love with this project

Used images from the collage image set Steam Dream Tin Toppers from Gecko Galz.

The process of creating the rust effect on the tin was long but so worth it. Lots of layers of alcohol inks, distress paints, acrylic paints and embossing ink and embossing powders; and of course, lots of heat.

The rusted elements were so much fun to create, well chemistry helped a lot. Placed some nails, screws, and paper fasteners in a solution of salt and vinegar and left them overnight. removed them from the solution in the morning, dried them and place in a bowl with hydrogen peroxide.  Several hours letter I had lots of rusted pieces to work with. 












Added Note: I was told that this creation seemed inspired by EPCOT Center.

Hope you like it.

I would like to enter this creation in the following Challenges:

Thanks for the visit.

If you like this, please leave a comment and consider following my blog for updates and lots of new projects.

Love

Julia

8 comments:

  1. A stunning Steampunk themed tin with gorgeous artwork. You've used fabulous techniques to achieve the tin's amazing rusty appearance and details.
    Thank you for joining in with our February challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  2. 💗💗💗this!! Great way to reuse a tin. Altoids?? The rust effect es spectacular!! I saw this at the SSS Wednesday Challenge and came by for a closer look. I would love you to come and play with us at Park Hopping My Happy Place Challenge. Your card reminds me of the Dreamfinder from the Journey Into Imagination ride at Epcot, Disneyworld, FL. I hope you'll join the fun! Have a creative week.
    Cheers, Makira
    https://parkhoppingmyhappyplace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for playing with us at Park Hopping My Happy Place. Cheers, Makira

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creation! Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julia, your labor of love was well worth it. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. I hope we see you on the front porch again soon!

    Hugs, Em
    613 Avenue Create DT
    Creative Em my blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julia, this is absolutely stunning and has reignited my love of upcycling tins! Thanks for sharing at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Try it on Tuesday with this lovely creation. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Mia
    Designer for Try it on Tuesday
    craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous project.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday.
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...