Been going through some changes, all good, thanks to God.
My family is doing great. All of my kids are college students now and of course I was suffering the empty nest syndrome.
Recently I adopted three beautiful puppies: Luna, Principe and Pinky. They are just seven weeks old and a handful.
Still had time to work some of my projects, specially my Christmas cards, which were a big hit. Here are some pictures:
Love, Love, Love
Card is 4” x 6”Materials used:
- Card stock: white, brown, red and pink (Colorbok.com)
- Paper: hearts and pink (Me&mybigideas.com), tickets (TeresaCollinsdesigns.com)
- Bone folder
- Distressing tool
- Corner rounder
- Paper trimmer
- Die cut machine: Cricut
- Plantin SchoolBook, Cricut cartridge
- Martha Stewart Ink
- Jewels and embellishments of choice
- Using the paper trimmer, cut 12” x 4” piece of white cardstock.
- Fold in half using bone folder to crease fold.
- Cut a piece of heart paper, 4” x 4½, and add to top of card.
- Cut a piece of red cardstock, 4” x 2½”.
- Round the bottom corners.
- Cut a rectangle, 1 ¾” x 4 ¼ ” from brown cardstock.
- Cut a rectangle, 1 ½” x 4” from white cardstock.
- Layer the white rectangle and the brown rectangle to the center of the card base
- Use the die cut machine to cut: mini envelope (1) – 2.422” (w) x 1.734” (h) from pink paper and hearts (4) – 1” x 1” from red and pink cardstock
- Put together the envelope and attach to the bottom of the cardstock rectangles.
- Distress the sides of the hearts and ink them.
- Adhere to the card using foam adhesive.
- Embellish the hearts with jewelry.
- Add the sentiments to the card.
- See the card for placement.