Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Mixed Media Mini Canvas

Hi everyone!
I am so happy to be part of the Mix It Up - Mixed media Altered Group at Color Me Creative.
The challenge this week is to use a book page in our creation. The final project can be anything: an ATC, a piece for a card, a journal page, a piece to hang on the wall, etc. The final project must always use different types of media in order to qualify. Challenges will run for 2 weeks and new challenges will be posted on Mondays. This Challenge will run from Feb 20th thru March 4th.
For my project I made a mini canvas (3in x 3in):
I used the book page as my background for the canvas and used water soluble oil pastels to paint circles and swirls, then used a black permanent marker to define figures (flower and leaves).
Before adding the paper to the canvas, I painted the borders with black acrylic paint.
Then added the page to the canvas using Mod Podge to seal the piece.
Once it was completely dried, I distressed the edges with Black Soot Distress Ink, and also used a stencil to add some details to the corners.
To finish this mini canvas I added black jewels to the center of the flower, created a border with sequins and added ribbon for dimension.
 Hope you liked it!!!

Thanks!
Love,
Julia

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely AWESOME!! I think this is my FAVORITE out of all the projects that have been shared! You are a natural at this and it shows!!

    Thanks so much for being such a fun craft friend ! I love that we both have so much in common and belong to a lot of the same groups!!

    Good Luck! I really LOVE this!!

    Hugs,
    Lis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your project turned out awesome. Love the bright colors. It is so much fun doing something different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soooo cool!! I love how your project turned out and the colors are awesome!! Girl I don't think there's anything you don't do top-notch!! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...